Sunday, November 30, 2014

Pittsburgh: City of Asylum and Randy Land

   


Just over a month ago, I went to Pittsburgh to see the writer houses (The City of Asylum), Randyland, and The Mattress Factory (no, they don't have a bunch of mattresses like I thought they did--it was a museum--and I'll post about that next after this one).

The City of Asylum is where writers who were exiled from their country took refuge. It's sad that these writers had to flee because their works were "controversial," mainly relative to their home, but not necessarily in other places.

The writer houses were so beautiful and colorful. Take a look for yourself.







I realized I was in the creative and artistic side of Pittsburgh.

I couldn't read the writing on this glass window, but it was beautiful nonetheless.







These colorful writer houses near the regular-looking ones make the regular housing look out of place.



"Just Be Good." I totally agree.



I can't even imagine the process and how much work went into this art on these homes.



I even spotted sentences on the cement ground, but much of it is faded out.



I love this saying about dictators. It's funny (and true, which is why it's funny) and helps you remember what a dictator really acts like. I've known quite a few people who act like dictators, in fact...


This is supposedly a MAP of Pittsburgh! On a house!







I think i'll never be able to navigate Pittsburgh unless I live there my whole life. No G.P.S. or detailed map on a house will ever help me find my way around this city.

More pretty pictures incoming!





And here's Randy Land! It's like Candy Land, but better.









"Deposit fears, hurts, worries, here." Surprised that there were only a few slips in there. But the ones that I saw in there were pretty depressing, just can't remember what they were.

I could use one of these.





I didn't know knights drank coke.





Chairs on stairs. Nice.




Beautifully painted doors. Reminds me of Monsters Inc. for some reason...



Woah color blur on the floor.

Trippy.







Pumpkins!




Different languages saying "Hi."




"Yea, you can do anything, so do it," Randy.

Positive thinking makes me feel good.


So... Many... directions!




I spotted a mushroom that looks like it's from Super Mario?






Well I hope you enjoyed those beautiful pictures!

I never thought buildings could be part of art like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment