Thursday, November 27, 2014

Poem on What I Think Pittsburgh IS

This is a free verse poem I wrote in class a few weeks ago. It's short, and definitely not the best poem, but it's concise and says a lot about Pittsburgh in a short time!



Enjoy.


My Brief Pittsburgh Poem on What It IS

Pittsburgh is big,

Pittsburgh is a place where I explored less than a few blocks of, it seems,

Pittsburgh is small,

Pittsburgh is a place where I’m one of hundreds of thousands of people, it seems,

Pittsburgh is for you and me and for one and all,

Pittsburgh is too obsessed with sports, I guess it would be cool if I was obsessed with sports too,

Pittsburgh is a place where Yinz live,

Pittsburgh is a big city that is overlooked geographically compared to other cities, because the racing game where you can drive the whole United States didn’t have Pittsburgh in it, and because Red Box brought next-gen games to every city except for Pittsburgh,

Pittsburgh is cold right now. I don’t like cold. I want it to be summer.

Pittsburgh is is is is.

Pittsburgh is Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh is a place I honestly don’t know too much about (though I do), so Pittsburgh is a place that I researched,

Pittsburgh is a place that has been named the most livable U.S. city by Forbes,

Pittsburgh is ranked as one of the cities that has the highest pollution nation-wide, according to the Post-Gazette,

Pittsburgh is home to UPMC, the best hospital in the state, which is ranked in the top ten nationally for many health-related areas, according to U.S. and News Report,

Pittsburgh is considered one of the smartest cities out of the 100 most populated U.S. cities, according to Movoto.

According to the Huffington post, Pittsburgh  is a place that is “ranked in the top 20 for media outlets, libraries, public schools and museums.”

Pittsburgh is a city that has 14 professional sport championships, based on usnews.com.

Pittsburgh is the fifth best place to retire, based on Livability’s 2013 ranking.

Pittsburgh is a place committed to green space, with the 561-acre Frick park, Highland park, Riverview Park and Schenley Park.

Pittsburgh is the number three spot for “Most secure places to live in the U.S.,” based on a 2013 ranking from Farmers Insurance Group.

Pittsburgh is a place that is ranked in the top ten as most well-read cities, according to Amazon,

Pittsburgh is a place that is ranked among the top five for cities with the happiest workers according to Career Bliss.


Pittsburgh is a nice place to live by, according to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment